jeudi 5 novembre 2015

Cored-Lidded Bowls

Last summer I was at the Utah symposium (Super Weds) where Mark Baker was coring a bowl and then using the core as a lid.
Well, I finally got around to playing with the concept.
IMG_8211.jpg
Spalted Maple Bowl#1. Showing the bowl with the lid on.

IMG_8212.jpg
Spalted Maple Bowl #1. Showing the the lid off, in this case the lid is designed to function as a 2nd bowl.

IMG_8210.jpg
Maple Bowl #2. In this example the lid is designed to be "just" a lid, so it has a Rosewood knob

IMG_8213.jpg
Maple Bowl #2, the lid also as a Rosewood button on the inside.

This was a great first and second bowl, I plan to continue to produce additional examples

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Cored-Lidded Bowls

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire