Some folks only know what they have been told. Someone else may have told him all planes need the sole lapped.
With customer service as it is at everyone's two favorite tool makers, if the sole of the plane needs lapping, it is best to send it back to the maker as they are more than willing to make customers happy.
I would inspect the plane very carefully and expect a deep discount from the price of a new LN LA Jack before considering the purchase of this plane.
BTW, I have one of these and it is one of my favorite planes.
I have done very little fettling on this plane. Most of the fettling has been on the adjustable mouth plate. The sides were honed on an Arkansas stone to make them a little smoother for ease of adjusting the mouth setting.
jtk
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Lie-Nielsen low angle jack plane
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire