Little background... I'm a framing carpenter by trade, also worked with many finish/trim crews. The last few years I moved into the office and starting designing kitchen and selling cabinets. My Fiance and I are remodeling our 100 year old family farmhouse and I'm looking for interior trim options.
I have considered using primed pine or MDF... but I know that I'm not going to be happy with it. I've considered buying from a millwork company... but the prices seem high. I can't find a local source for poplar....
So now I'm thinking... may I should use LP SmartSide trim. It comes in 16' lengths, 5/4 and 4/4, and smooth primed. It's readily available at the local Menards. I would think that it should be extremely durable and last a long time if it's meant for exterior use. I will be siding the entire house with 4" Lap SmartSide.
A 16' x 4/4 x 4" primed trim board at Menards is about $11.50.
Has anyone every done this, or does anyone have any input/suggestions/opinions?
Thanks in advance
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
LP SmartSide for Interior Base/Casing
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire