mardi 17 novembre 2015

Tool rests - G0766

I am a fairly new person to SMC. I am enjoying reading posts about woodturning and wood "stuff". I'm glad that I found this blog.

I learned wood turning on a 9" Craftsman. I've turned a couple dozen things. I'm still in the "sponge mode" and am learning. I recently bought a Grizzly G0766. I was disappointed with the tool rest It had too shallow of an angle to allow me to use a bowl gouge on outside shear cuts. Also, it would only drop to about 1/2 inch below center. (Great for carbide but not gouges or skews when shear cutting). So, I started to make some of my own tool rests. My latest tool rest was inspired by the Robust comfort rest.

I started with a 5" diameter thick (1/4") pipe. I cut out a 90 degree quadrant and shaped it along the lines of the comfort rest. I precision-welded it to a 1" CRS post. I was fairly pleased with how it turned out.

I'm posting pictures of my new comfort tool rest. One of the pix also shows a 50 degree angle rest, a round rest and a curved (inside bowl) rest.IMG_0014 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0017 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0021 (1024x768).jpg

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Tool rests - G0766

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire